What do I bring to take pictures
If I am going out to take some pictures or if I am going to travel far away, also to take some pictures, I always bring the same gear with me:
- – DSLR camera with one or multiple wide angle lenses
- – Tripod
- – Remote shutter release for the camera
- – 2 additional batteries and the charging device
- – Hard drive to back up my pictures
- – Flashlight or some other light source
- – Filter system with grey filter
It is not always easy to find the location and the conditions you are looking for to take the perfect picture. There is so many thing depending on that like the light, wind, weather in general and so on… But anyway, I usually go out during sunset. Those are to me the perfect conditions to take pictures; the lights of the city are already turned on and there is still some ambient light from the sun going down left.
About my hardware I have two more comments to make:
- Do not buy cheap filters – I once bought a variable cheap grey filter. The result was very bad!!!!
- Do not buy a cheap tripod – If the tripod does not hold the camera and it is getting shaky, the picture is ruined…